Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Starting a Minifig Collection

As excited as I was to get my minfig collection started, choosing which minifig character to get first is proving to be quite a task. There are just so many with all the themed Lego sets available. So, after a few days of looking around the different toy stores, I decided to go with a superhero character, the Batman minifig. For me, Batman is the best comics superhero character since he is just a man with no superhuman ability.

After deciding which minifig to get, the next thing was figuring out how to go about getting the minifig. Since there were no individual Batman minifig for sale, I had to get it from a box set. Individual minifigs can actually be bought from resellers online and some toy shops. But, I wanted the satisfaction of opening a brand new box. I finally decided to get the Lego Super Heroes box set 76012 Batman: The Riddler Chase.



76012 Batman: The Riddler Chase (box front)
76012 Batman: The Riddler Chase (box back)

The set proved to be a good start to my collection. The set included three minifigs, a Batman minifig, a Flash minifig, and a Riddler minifig.


Batman minifig, Flash minifig, and Riddler minifig

Aside from the minifigs, the set also came with two Lego vehicles, a very nice Batmobile and a green dragster.

Batmobile
Riddler's Dragster

Looking at the set, I can only smile and think that my collection is definitely off to a good start.

 76012 Batman: The Riddler Chase set


No comments:

Post a Comment