Thursday, October 9, 2014

Trust the Force

Of all the licensed themes of Lego, I would say that the Star Wars theme has the most number of different box sets.  The Star Wars theme was introduced in 1999 and will continue to be used by Lego in the foreseeable future.  Numerous sets are released under the Star Wars theme every year.

Being a fan of the Star Wars movies, TV series, and video games, it was only a matter of time before I had to get my hands on some Lego Star Wars minifigures.  The Star Wars universe in the movies and TV series is full of characters.  Those characters are the source of all these Lego Star Wars minifigures, and there are a lot of them.

When I went to the store the other day to buy the Lego Minifigures Series 12 set, I was quite in a hurry since I had some other chore to attend to.  Together with the Series 12 set, I bought my first Lego Star Wars box set.  Since I was indeed in a rush, I just picked the cheapest set available. 

What I got for myself then was the Lego Star Wars box set 75035 Kashyyyk Troopers.  Not a great set to start my Star Wars minifigs collection, but the set did include four minifigs, two 41st Elite Corps Trooper minifigs and two 41st Kashyyyk Clone Trooper minifigs.  The set also included a swamp speeder which is nice. 

75035 Kashyyyk Troopers (box front)
75035 Kashyyyk Troopers (box back)

That particular box set is a battle pack that you can use if you want to form a Lego Star Wars clone army.


75035 Kashyyyk Troopers Set

So, I have two new minifigs to add to my collection and I now have my first two duplicate minifigs.  Getting a Luke, Obi Wan, or Darth Vader minifig would have been a better start.  I'll just have to "trust the force" that I'll eventually have those minifigs.


41st Elite Corps Trooper minifig (left) and 41st Kashyyyk Clone Trooper minifig (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment